At Duff & Phelps, we stand for the qualities that power sound decisions. And we believe that behind every good decision, you'll find solid thinking, proven experience and valuable insight. But all the numbers and facts in the world mean nothing without a top team of professionals to make sense of them all.
That's where YOU come in - provided you're incisive, entrepreneurial and up for a challenge. We offer an environment where your talent and perspective matter - where you can make a real impact.
Our Valuation Services practice combines accounting knowledge with leading valuation and corporate finance techniques. They provide objective and independent assessments of value that fulfill the most complex financial reporting and tax requirements.
Join our team and together we'll power the sound decisions that enhance value - yours and ours.
Directors work on a variety of assignments, including:
- Building, developing, and managing client relationships by acting as a direct contact with current and prospective clients
- Leading project teams providing valuation and financial advisory services to clients, including determining appropriate valuation methodology and reviewing financial models through business enterprise valuations, purchase price allocations, intellectual property valuations, stock option valuations, contingent considerations, and hedge fund/private equity interest valuation reviews
Providing insight and expertise on target industries, markets and competitors
- Identifying and communicating potential engagements to management
- Supervising and mentoring staff on analyses, reports, and presentations across multiple engagements and offices
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics or MBA
- Minimum 7 years experience in constructing and reviewing valuation models and other financial models including: DCF, comparable company, stock option, and intangible asset models
- Demonstrated history of generating significant revenue from a broad base of clients
- Experience working with clients in healthcare, financial services, government contracting, and/or Technology, Information, Communications & Entertainment industries
- Demonstrated leadership experience including managing and developing client relationships and mentoring and developing staff
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellence in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Active CPA and/or CFA
- Knowledge of Visual Basic
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via www.duffandphelps.jobs.
Duff & Phelps is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.
Duff & Phelps - Powering Sound Decisions.* *
Position Title: Valuation Services Director
Location: Washington, DC
Job Code: 9581
Service: VAS - Valuation Services